Friday 18 January 2013

Well my friend managed to get here......

I got up early this morning and put a colour on my hair and then got showered and dressed before popping up to the shop for potatoes, pasta and bread just in case we got snowed in.

My friend arrived at around 1.00 pm and we had a good old chinwag and a coffee.  I took her to my daughter's later to see little Noah (she is my daughter's God Mother), she hasn't seen Noah since he was about a month old and couldn't believe how much he had grown.  We have known each other now for over 30 years, we met at work and she was my Chief Bridesmaid when I got married.

It started to snow so we came home before it started to settle.  Usually when she comes for the weekend we   go out for a meal on the Friday evening, but due to the weather we decided to stay in instead.  We had pasta with the sauce I made yesterday and it was really very nice,and to finish off with we had a Sainsburys Raspberry Brulee Cheesecake, which neither of us liked that much...far too sickly sweet.

We then sat and chatted over a couple of glasses of rose wine.  She has gone to bed now as she hardly slept last night and was really tired.

The snow hasn't really been that bad here today, the worst of it being in Wales and the South West...however, my car is covered again.

Not sure what we will do or where we will go tomorrow...depends on the weather.  We would really like to go to the cinema to watch Les Miserables, so we shall have to see what tomorrow brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment