Monday 7 January 2013

Babysitting duties......

I've been on babysitting duties today, my daughter was going to pick up her new car (well new to her), and as her OH is having this week off work she decided it would be a good time to let him help her take some rubbish to the tip, take some stuff to the charity shop and call at the bank...they also managed to have a browse around some new houses that are being built in the area.  I got to their house at about 10.30 am, and  little Noah was fast asleep (he had not had a very good night's sleep apparently), and when he woke up he was a right little grotbags...he didn't want playing with, he didn't want feeding and he didn't want picking up...I tried reading to him and showing him the pictures in the books, but he was having none of it, so I just changed his nappy and he went back to sleep again....phew.  Grandparenting is lovely, you can just hand them back again when they get grumpy.  baby-crying-th.png (100×92)

The weather today has been very damp and dull with drizzle thrown in...not a pleasant day at all, I had to put the lights on early because it was so dark.

I ordered some candles in the on-line sales a few days ago, some nice smelly ones...when I got back from my daughter's house there was a note to say they had been left on the back step, it was a good job they were wrapped up in plastic otherwise they would have been very wet indeed, plus, how did they know I wasn't on holiday or something, they could have been there for ages or else stolen.  I suppose as long as they offload them they don't care what happens to them.

Just deciding what to have for dinner now...I was going to start on a healthy eating campaign now my son has gone back to uni, but I fancy scampi and chips...oh well.

scampi_and_chips.gif (200×168)


No comments:

Post a Comment