Friday 11 January 2013

A boring Friday......

When I say boring, I don't mean I have been sitting on my backside all day, but have finally got to the bottom of my ironing basket once again...now son has gone back to uni I have caught up on all the bedding, towels and a pile of his clothes that were just casually hanging over a chair in his bedroom.

I spent a while speaking on the phone to my daughter who was a bit worried because she had turned the tap on this morning and the water was very brown and smelt earthy.  She was concerned because she obviously uses the water to make up Noah's bottles...I told her to ring the water board and ask them if they knew anything about it, and to ask them whether or not it was safe to drink.  She rang me back when she had spoken to them and said that they said it would be ok, but someone would be round within the hour to drop off some bottled water for her to use (very efficient of them).  She said they told her to leave the tap running for a while, which she did, and the water was a lot clearer.

I then went up to my local Post Office to pick up a package that had been sent to the wrong Post Office several miles away by Parcel Force...Parcel Force had picked it up and taken it to the correct Post Office for me because I rang and complained.  However, I still had to pay a quid before they would hand over my parcel for the privilege of them making the mistake in the first place...such is life.smiley-dazed_confused1.png (70×70)

I have tidied up some clutter in my bedroom and done my on-line banking stuff.  So all in all quite a productive but boring sort of day.yawn smiley.jpg (61×68)

Just watching Carol Klein now on BBC2 in her beautiful garden down in Devon...so jealous.




No comments:

Post a Comment