Saturday 26 January 2013

Grandma's on babysitting duties today.....

Well, the snow really did come down with a vengeance last night here in Yorkshire...great big fat snowflakes.      Plus, because it was quite windy the snow drifted quite a bit and even though the council gritter had been up and down the main road a couple of times the snow soon settled...at least it made the traffic slow down a bit.

I woke up this morning to beautiful blue skies though, and the snow was already starting to thaw...rain is supposedly on its way too, so hopefully that will get rid of the snow...however, I do worry about flooding as the land is so saturated and the water has nowhere to go.

I showered and got dressed early as I had said that I would babysit for little Noah today...my daughter and her OH were going into town to look at a Nexus tablet for her.  They arrived at 11.30 am and collected him at around 3.00 pm...he was a little angel and full of smiles, but he certainly didn't want to go to sleep even though you could tell he was whacked...hopefully he will sleep well tonight.  My daughter did buy a Nexus, and is looking forward to playing with it later once Noah is asleep.

I was debating having a chinese takeaway this evening, but I can't be bothered to get the snow off the top of my car, I am being lazy and just waiting for the rain to wash it off for me.

So what shall I have instead  scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif (103×105)


Ooooooh and my daughter bought me a box of Hotel Chocolat chocolates today...yum yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment