Wednesday 9 January 2013

Sunshine and shopping......

two of my favourite things.

What a beautiful day, blue sky, sunshine and a sprinkling of frost...I love days like these.  I can put up with the cold, it's the rain and fog I don't like.

I've been shopping into York this morning, and I have treated myself to some new trousers, a top and some nice thick woolley tights.  Oh, and with my Boots points, I managed to treat myself to some nice body lotion...Chanel no less.

I had a quick glance around some of the sales stuff that is left over, but it is all tat that is left now.

On the way home I called into Sainsburys for some bits and pieces as my cupboards are almost bare.

I was annoyed when I got back home, as Parcel Force had tried to deliver a package that needed signing for,  they put a card through the letterbox to inform me that they had taken it to a Post Office that is about 6 miles away from where I live (why they didn't leave it at the Post Office 5 minutes up the road from me is baffling).  I rang the number on the card and was informed that that was the Post Office they deliver to for my post code *extremely baffled*.  However, the very nice lady on the phone said she would get a driver to pick it up tomorrow for me and deliver it to the Post Office near me...I wouldn't mind, but it is only some blimmin eye make-up remover that I sent for in a sale...it's hardly the Crown Jewels.

My daughter, her OH and baby Noah have gone off to the seaside for the day (Bridlington)...I bet it is very bracing on the seafront there.  She sent me a photo of Noah this morning all ready for the off.......

get-attachment.aspx (640×478)

At least he looks warm and cosy.  Sorry the picture is so big.

Wow, there is the most beautiful sunset now...gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment