Monday 14 January 2013

Snow snow go away.......

I know I sound like an old grump, but I really really hate the snow...ok it looks pretty for a short length of time, but then it turns to dirty slush, or even worse extremely horrid ice that takes ages to melt.  I also feel sorry for those that have to drive or commute to work in the bloomin stuff.  Last year my daughter fell flat on her back in the snow and was in so much pain for ages afterwards...the ambulance was also involved because she passed out and couldn't get back up she was in so much discomfort.  I feel sorry for the elderly who have to remain housebound until it has all disappeared again.    There RANT OVER.

So please snow go away...enough already.

I knew the snow was on its way around lunchtime, so I made sure I was up and out early to post a birthday card and to also deliver another birthday card and a pressie to a friend a couple of villages away from me.  I then called at the little village shop for bread and eggs and came home for lunch.  True to the weather forecaster's word, the damned stuff started falling quite heavily with huge flakes and it soon started to settle.  I have been out and put salt down on the paths to keep them clear as I need to go out tomorrow morning.

snow-cartoon.jpg (300×287)

No comments:

Post a Comment