Thursday 24 January 2013

Well, I am truly shopped out.....

I usually go shopping on one morning of the week into York...I set off at around 8.45 am and am back by lunchtime  I thought I would go today,  however, my daughter rang this morning to say that she wasn't going to toddler group as there was a sickness bug going round and could she come shopping with me...so we set off at 9.30 am and I arrived back home at 4.30 pm...phew.  My daughter could shop for a living, and I hate shopping.  I know exactly what I am going for and that is it...all this window shopping malarkey gets on my nerves.  We have been in nearly every shop in York (probably), and then we went to Sainsbury's Cafe for some bits and bobs and had lunch there.  It was awful.  Fish covered in a batter that resembled doughnut batter...yuk, and the cutlery was filthy too, goodness knows why they can't make sure it is clean.  I have forgotten most things I went for and forgot to get some cash out from the cashpoint...oh well.

One good thing, was that little Noah behaved impeccably well throughout the whole day and has been a joy.

I love my daughter very much, but I don't love shopping with her....argghhhhhhhhhh.  Now my son's type of shopping suits me down to the ground, he knows what he wants, gets it and then comes home again...no messing around.

I shall get my pj's on soon and settle down with my feet up, and what is more I shall pour myself a large gin and tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment