Friday 28 December 2012

Venturing out to the sales......

Well, I finally attempted to go and have a peek at the sales.  Also, had to go to the jewellers to get our money back on a watch I bought for son's 21st birthday...it broke after just 2 months of wearing (apparently the mechanism at totally gone).  We were given the opportunity of having it mended when we took it in 2 weeks ago, but decided that we didn't trust it anymore, even with a new mechanism, so said we wanted our money back.  The watch wasn't cheap either, it cost over £400, and the shop were quite reluctant to hand our money back but did so in the end.  My son has now bought another watch (different brand), so hopefully when he gets back to uni next week it will keep on working.

I live near York, so when we arrived at just gone 9.00 am it was lovely and quiet, but after about an hour it started getting really really busy...of course it was drizzling with a rain a bit too (whoopee).  I bought some half price Christmas cards and some dental floss (yes, I know how to shop the sales)...son got a shirt and a tee shirt which were really nice.  We then decided to call it a day and come home, and I am so glad we did because the roads into York on our way back were choc a bloc.

I went to see my daughter this afternoon and my little grandson Noah...he is 12 weeks old this weekend and is beginning to be such a little character...I love him to bits.

I am now sitting in my pj's watching World's Most Dangerous Roads with Hugh Bonneville and Jessica Hynes...OMG the roads are horrendous, rather them than me.

A Gin & Tonic has my name on it tonight I think.

top_invisible.jpg (268×268)

No comments:

Post a Comment